Jasco is committed to achieving compatibility between economic development and the maintenance of the environment. Jasco therefore seeks to ensure that, throughout all phases of its activities, Jasco personnel and contractors give proper consideration to the care of the flora, fauna, air, land and water, and to the community health and heritage which may be affected by those activities. To fulfil this commitment, Jasco will observe all environmental laws and will:
- Progressively establish and maintain company-wide environmental standards for our operations
- Integrate environmental factors into planning and operational decisions and processes
- Access the potential environmental effects of our activities and regularly monitor and audit our environmental performance
- Continually improve our environmental performance, including developing opportunities for recycling, and more efficiently using energy, water and other resources
- Promote environmental awareness among company personnel and contractors to increase understanding of environmental matters
Forest Stewardship Council®
Jasco gained FSC® Chain of Custody Certification (license code FSC-C126721) in 2015. FSC® is an independent, non-governmental, not for profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. Chain of Custody (COC) is the path taken by raw materials from the tree in forest, through milling, manufacturing, transportation, trading and finally to the consumer. Certification demonstrates Jasco’s commitment to environmentally responsible management of forests and the associated authorisation to use the FSC® logo on the relevant products concerned.
Look for our FSC®-certified products.
Click here to view the Jasco FSC® Certificate
Click here to view the Jasco FSC® Product Group List
Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation
Since 2008 Jasco has been a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO). APCO is a co¬regulatory, not for profit organisation that partners with government and industry to reduce the harmful impact of packaging on the Australian environment. APCO promotes sustainable design and recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction activities and circular economy projects.
Click here to view the Jasco Australian Packaging Covenant Annual Report & Action Plan 2023
APCO Membership Policy
Jasco Pty Ltd is aware of the importance of meetings its obligations as a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO), which are:
- By 31 March each year, submit an annual report online, via the APCO Annual Reporting Tool, that outlines performance against all of the action plan commitments and meets the reporting obligations as published by APCO.
- By 31 May each year, following submission of the APCO Annual Report, submit an APCO Action Plan online via the APCO Annual Reporting Tool.
- Publish the action plan and annual reports on our website in a prominent and readily identifiable way.
- Regularly assess our packaging against the Sustainable Packaging Guidelines as set out by APCO (see SPG procedure below).
- Make annual financial contributions in the form of membership fees payable to APCO.
- Implement policies or procedures to buy products made from recycled materials.
- Establish collection and recycling programs for used packaging materials generated on-site.
- Allow independent audits of annual reports and the implementation of our action plans.
Sustainable Packaging Guideline (SPG) Procedure
Jasco Pty Ltd, by undertaking Sustainable Packaging Guidelines (SPG) assessments on a regular basis, will:
- Identify and contact the relevant organisations in the product supply chain to ensure that they are aware of our Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) reporting obligations.
- Ensure that the most up to date SPG Guidelines issued by APCO are available and circulated to, and answered by, these organisations to assist with the implementation of our Sustainable Packaging Guidelines (SPG) assessment process.
- Carry out our assessments in a systematic and auditable approach and retain all information from current and future SPG assessments in a readily accessible place for internal purposes and in case of an external audit by APCO.
- Review these assessments periodically to ensure that we have received a response to all correspondence we send, and any information from these organisations is included in the relevant SPG audit file.